I am pleased to announce that NHAHA is about to begin our fourth fundraiser of the season, a "Meat Raffle".
1) The Winning Number for the "Meat Ticket" will be taken from the PA "Pick 3" 7:00 p.m. Lottery on February 14, 2019 - Valentine's Day!!!
2) The winning number of the "Meat Raffle" will receive $1000.00 cash + the meat package listed on the ticket from MISH FARMS MEAT MARKET.
3) Sellers will receive $3.00 from every "Meat Ticket" sold deposited into their NHAHA account.
4) Deadline to turn in the "Meat Ticket" stubs and $5.00 for each "Meat Raffle" ticket requested is Friday, February 1, 2019.
5) The "Meat Raffle" winner will be announced on www.pittsburghvipers.com
**BONUS: The Seller of the winning "Meat Ticket" will receive $250.00 into their NHAHA account!**
How to Get Your Meat Tickets:
Email David Cagnacci - firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, player's name, team, and your requested number of "Meat Tickets".
Have a wonderful Christmas, and let's sell some "Meat Tickets" in the New Year!!!
David Cagnacci, NHAHA Fundraising Coordinator
Each month during the season, NHAHA will provide at least one organization-wide fundraiser opportunity.
Participation in all fundraisers (except calendar raffle tickets) is voluntary, and designed to assist our members with season fees (and other related expenses).
Past fundraisers have included:
Hoagie sales, pie sales, restaurant nights, events, etc!
2018-2019 NHAHA Fundraiser Schedule
July - Summer Beerfest
August - Calendar Raffle Tickets
September - TNT Hoagies
October - Dairy Queen Cakes
November - Calendar Raffle Tickets & 8U Thanksgiving Tournament
December - Pie Shoppe & Holiday Skate
January - TBD
February - Winter Beer Fest
March - TBD
Hello NHAHA Families & Friends!
Welcome to the NHAHA Magnabilities Fundraiser. My name is Dana Shannon and I’m your Magnabilities Independent Consultant (and fellow hockey mom).
I am so excited to share these amazing products with you. Magnabilities is interchangeable magnetic jewelry and so much more! You are now your own designer. Choose the pieces that you want and create your own sets. Use our dazzling inserts then interchange with custom inserts…like your team logo.
Join the Facebook Event – I’ll be posting ideas and specials. https://www.facebook.com/events/793576664330648/?active_tab=discussion
Speaking of specials, we have fabulous Monthly and Spotlight Specials available and perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Join the Facebook Event get a front row seat to pre-black Friday sales and more!
Please contact me with any questions through Facebook Messenger or email@example.com.
Have an amazing day!
Magnabilities Independent Consultant
https://danashannon.magnabilities.com/party/26437 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer at the Winter 2019
at David L. Lawrence Convention Center on
Friday & Saturday, February 22 & 23, 2019
Earn $30 (per volunteer) towards your player's fees and enjoy a fun night in the Burgh!
Open to all current NHAHA members.
Must be 21 or older to volunteer.
How to Register:
STEP 1: Click Here for event details, job descriptions, and requirements, and to register with BeerFest.
(Be sure that you are willing to comply with all rules/requirements before you sign up!)
Group Name: NHAHA
Step 2: Click Here to register with NHAHA so that the donation can be applied to your account.
Step 3: Be sure all volunteers sign-in under NHAHA (not Pittsburgh Vipers, Vipers Hockey, etc.) at the event! If you do not sign in under NHAHA we will not receive the donation for your volunteers from BeerFest, and your account will not be credited!
I am pleased to announce that NHAHA has partnered with the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation for a FlipGive Fundraiser during the Christmas Season.
FlipGive is a new and innovative way to raise money for our Organization. FlipGive is an online tool that allows the NHAHA Pittsburgh Vipers to earn cash back on every dollar spent through the NHAHA Pittsburgh Vipers FlipGive account.
Please help our Organization raise some money by joining our NHAHA FlipGive account, and making your online purchases through our NHAHA FlipGive account!
To join FlipGive...
1) Click on the link below to our NHAHA Pittsburgh Vipers FlipGive account
2) Click on the "JOIN THIS TEAM" link located in the top right corner of the page. Our Team Invite Code is... EMEH9A
3) Complete your registration by using either your email or Facebook account.
4) Start making your online purchases through the NHAHA FlipGive account.
Hey friends, we're using Pens Fundraising to raise money for NHAHA Pittsburgh Vipers Hockey. Please show your support by making a donation or by shopping online which will earn cash towards our team.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and Holiday Season!
NHAHA Fundraising Coordinator
All fundraising, by either the entire association or
individual teams, must adhere to the following policies.
ARAMARK fundraising has additional guidelines
which will be distributed at training, and are listed below.
Voluntary Fund Raising
NHAHA provides the opportunity for our members to volunteer for the organization at Pittsburgh Pirate games to help pay for their hockey fees.
ARAMARK is the company which runs the concession stands for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and our volunteers must take training provided by ARAMARK prior to the beginning of the baseball season. The number of events we are requested to supply workers for is determined by the Pirate’s season. The better the season, the more workers they need at each game and the more they pay – usually between $85 - $100 per event.
Unfortunately, the MLB season does not run in sync with our season! If you are interested in applying for one of the training slots available now, go to our fundraising page and read ALL of the rules/regulations/expectations regarding Aramark. Since you must have a player on a Vipers or Stars team during the 2018-2019 season to benefit from this fundraiser, please do not apply unless you are certain that your player will be trying out/playing to play for us (Vipers/Stars) next season.
If you are interested in becoming a 2018-2019 Season Aramark Volunteer, please email our new Aramark Volunteer Coordinator, Christine George, at email@example.com, and include:
Christine will contact you will details about the training and program.
ARAMARK concessions is the largest fundraiser for individual members in which NHAHA participates.The primary goal of NHAHA's participation in this program is to help members pay their season hockey fees.
To be considered for the ARAMARK program you must be willing to accept the NHAHA terms that are listed below and the ARAMARK contract. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONTRACT CAREFULLY, NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
NHAHA participates in the ARAMARK fundraiser by sending trained "volunteers" to work concession stands at PNC Park. In return, ARAMARK makes a donation to our organization.
If you are scheduled to work, you must report to PNC Park about 2 hours before the game begins, close and clean the stand after the game is over, and sell drinks and food during the game. There are usually several people working the stand at the same time; so you will not be alone, but it is a long hard work day. It is NOT similar to running the concession stand during a school football game.
ARAMARK prepares for the upcoming season by scheduling training sessions. In order to participate in the fundraiser, you must be trained by ARAMARK. The spring dates for mandatory NEW HIRE Grand Slam / Serve Safe classes have passed.
There may be further training dates later in the season.
To Register for Training:
Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.The ARAMARK Coordinator will contact you and let you know when and if we have any ARAMARK training sessions scheduled. Sometimes we need to wait until spaces open up as ARAMARK only runs training when they wish to increase the number of workers.
Updated May 2017
ARAMARK provides us with the dates they want workers and the number of workers wanted. These opportunities will be provided to you. It is then your responsibility to respond in a timely manner that you wish to work. It is the member’s responciblity to keep track of his scheduled events. A master schedule will be maintained by NHAHA's coordinator(s).
It is the Responsibility of each member to sign in at each event at the ARAMARK office on the NHAHA sign in sheet by their name in order to receive payment for that event worked. If you do not sign in, you will not be paid for that event. When ARAMARK sends us the list of workers who have worked each event that list will be distributed to you. It is your responsibility to review the list and notify the Coordinator within 5 days of any discrepancy. Include details of your work for the event such as, "I worked on register 2 in booth 307. An attempt will be made to negotiate recovery of payment.
TRYOUT FEES, COMMITMENT FEES
Training and work may be offered to our members at PNC Park prior to the tryouts at ARAMARK's schedule. Any money earned prior to tryouts can be applied to commitment fees provided the money is actually earned prior to tryouts. ARAMARK funds cannot be used to pay for tryouts which must be paid by credit card when registering for tryouts. In order to use ARAMARK funds for the Commitment Fee you must submit a Reimbursment Form to the treasurer prior to the first day of tryouts. This paragraph does not apply to ADM participants.
You cannot pay for these with the expectation that you will work for ARAMARK. If you pay your commitment fees and then work in excess of the amount needed to pay the entire fees, you will not receive a refund. (NHAHA is not a bank to put money in and take money out.)
ADM participants must pay the ADM registration fee by credit card. Once the player's season fees are paid in full the participant may request reimbursement of the registration fee by submitting a reimbursement form. We will deduct the amount of the service fee charged by the credit card company. no receipt is necessary.
USE OF ARAMARK FUNDS AFTER TEAM PLACEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
All money earned will be applied to the NHAHA hockey fees until the fees are paid for all siblings rostered on a NHAHA team.
If you have paid your entire NHAHA fees in full you may use additional credit in the following ways after the funds are actually earned:
1. Since NHAHA prides itself on being school hockey friendly, the treasurer would write one check to one school organization for an amount up to the additional credit if so requested on a reimbursement form. This request must be accompanied by a statement from the school team’s treasurer stating the total amount of the fees still owed.
2. Most teams attend one or more tournament(s) not funded by NHAHA but are played as a NHAHA team, if requested, NHAHA would pay the worker's share of the tournament entry fee to the person doing the tournament scheduling for that team. Complete the reimbursement form as mentioned above and include proof of amount needed.
3. Following IRS guidelines, NHAHA will reimburse up to a total of $600 for actual expense of hotel room(s) incurred while attending a tournament(s) as part of a NHAHA team after all NHAHA fees have been paid. A completed Reimbursement Form along with the hotel receipts in the worker's name must be submitted together.
4. Extra money could be rolled over to pay for fees for the following season including fees for a sibling who will be playing for NHAHA the next season.
We will reimburse only those items listed above.
All requests for reimbursements must be made in a timely manner. All requests for reimbursements must be submitted by March 31.
NHAHA will charge a flat fee of $50 from each worker for the administrative work for this fundraiser as soon as that worker is added to our list of workers. These fees will pay administrative costs. The fee is the same no matter how many players a worker has playing for NHAHA. Each worker pays the same fee no matter how many workers are working toward the same player(s) fees as the fee is per worker not per player.
RESPONSIBILITY OF WORKERS FOR NHAHA FEES
Any worker who has paid only a part of the total hockey fees by the end of the ARAMARK program will begin paying the remainder of the fees in October. The member will divide the total amount still due by 4 and make that a minimum payment due in the months of October, November, December, and January with the payments made the first week of each month.
1. Money cannot be given or gifted to any other member of the NHAHA organization.
2. If a member leaves the organization any funds accrued cannot be transferred to any other Amateur Hockey Association.
3. If a member declines team placement and leaves NHAHA, or if a player accepts a team and leaves after acceptance, any funds accrued to that member will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
4. If a member earns funds prior to tryouts and then has no player tryout for any NHAHA team, the funds earned will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
5. If NHAHA is unable to place a player, NHAHA will either send accrued funds to a school team or hold the funds for one season at the choice of the member. A statement of fees owed must be supplied by the school team and a request to reimbursement form must be supplied.
6. If a member leaves NHAHA for any reason, that member is no longer eligible to work any further ARAMARK events for NHAHA.
(A Reimbursement Form must be submitted to be reimbursed for anything other than NHAHA fees. Original or a photocopy of the receipt must be submitted along with the form. If you do not send a Reimbursement Form and receipt(s) together you will not be reimbursed.)
Members are responsible to keep track of their dates worked and the amount in their account. The Aramark Coordinator will also keep track of your account balance and events scheduled to work/worked. If you need to inquire about your account balance please email the Aramark Coordinator. Aramark dollars will be applied to your season invoice as they are received by the organization. Please note, it often takes 30 days or more for Aramark to send a check to the organization for a game worked by our volunteers. It is the member's responsibility to make sure the amount credited is the correct amount.