Each month during the season, NHAHA will provide at least one organization-wide fundraiser opportunity.
Participation in all fundraisers (except calendar raffle tickets) is voluntary, and designed to assist our members with season fees (and other related expenses).
Past fundraisers have included:
Hoagie sales, pie sales, restaurant nights, events, etc!
2020-21 NHAHA Fundraiser Schedule
August - Fanatic Impressions Spirit Wear Sale
September - Marianna's Hoagies & Pizzas
October - Beef, Pork, Clucks & Bucks Raffle (aka "Meat Ticket")
November - Fanatic Impressions Holiday Spirit Wear Sale and NHAHA Food Truck Event
December - Coupon Card Fundraiser
January - Fazio's pepperoni roll Fundraiser
February/March - 2021 Lottery Calendar Tickets will be distributed
|Date||Winning Ticket||Seller||Team||Winner||Prize Amount|
|3/1/2021||4371||NOT DISTRIBUTED||n/a||NOT RETURNED||$100.00|
|3/2/2021||3364||Liam McIntire||10U Vipers - Litz||Mabel Hazlett||$100.00|
NHAHA cash prize calendar raffle tickets for March 2021, our NHAHA mandatory organizational fundraiser.
The tickets sell for $10 each.
- There is a prize every day, and a $1000 GRAND PRIZE on St Patrick’s Day!
- Raffle tickets make great gifts!
Do not turn in any money from the sale of these tickets!
- $75 was collected as part of all NHAHA ADM players’ tuition for this fundraiser. ADM players will receive 10 tickets to sell.
- $100 was collected as part of all NHAHA players’ tuition (except ADM) for this fundraiser. All NHAHA players (except ADM) will receive 15 tickets to sell.
- If you sell these tickets, you keep all the money. This is your chance to earn back your money plus NHAHA is giving everyone bonus tickets!
- If you do not sell your tickets, please complete and return your stubs by the deadline to be eligible to win!
Only returned stubs are eligible to win!
- All completed stubs must be returned by February 25, 2021 (Thursday).
- A complete, legible, name and address must be on the stub in order for the award check to be written and mailed.
Winning numbers are drawn each day from the Pennsylvania Lottery Pick 4 evening daily lottery game.
Want to earn extra $$$?
- Extra tickets are available to sell.
- You pay $5 per ticket and sell them for $10 per ticket.
- To request extra tickets, please email David Cagnacci at email@example.com (include your name, player’s name, team, and number of tickets.)
- Extra tickets must be paid for ($5 per ticket) in advance. Checks for extra tickets should be made payable to NHAHA.
Please turn your completed ticket stubs into the NHAHA Fundraising Mailbox at the Pittsburgh Ice Arena.
Winners will be announced at pittsburghvipers.com.
Lost tickets will not be replaced.
If you have any questions, please contact the NHAHA Fundraising Coordinator, David Cagnacci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: Pittsburgh Winter Beerfest Volunteers
WHEN: Friday, January 29, 2021 and Saturday, January 30, 2021
$$: up to $25 per volunteer
This Fundraiser will help our NHAHA families raise money to pay their hockey tuition, or get reimbursed for other NHAHA approved hockey expenses. NHAHA Players will receive up to $25.00 for every Volunteer they bring to the Pittsburgh Winter Beerfest directly into the Player's NHAHA account. There are a total of 3 Winter Beerfest sessions.
To Earn Your Credits
You Must CAREFULLY Follow the steps below to Volunteer for the Pittsburgh Winter Beerfest to receive the Volunteer credit in your player's NHAHA account. If you do not complete all of the steps, you may not receive full credit.
Register each volunteer on the Pittsburgh Winter Beerfest website - https://beer.ticketspice.com/2020-pittsburgh-winter-volunteer
First Name: John Smith
Last Name: Cagnacci
Non-profit group: NHAHA
T-Shirt Size: XL
Email email@example.com the following information:
Cagnacci - 10U Jones
Dave Cagnacci - Friday, 1/29/21 @ 6:30 & Saturday, 1/30/21 @ 6:30pm
John Smith - Friday, January 29th, 2021 @ 6:30pm
At Pittsburgh Winter Beerfest
If you/your volunteers do not complete ALL 3 STEPS in their entirety, NHAHA will not receive the volunteer credit from Beerfest, and therefore YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT for that volunteer in your NHAHA account.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our families to earn money to support their player's season. Please follow the instructions carefully, email any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org!
All fundraising, by either the entire association or
individual teams, must adhere to the following policies.
ARAMARK fundraising has additional guidelines
which will be distributed at training, and are listed below.
Voluntary Fund Raising
NHAHA provides the opportunity for our members to volunteer for the organization at PNC Park for Pittsburgh Pirate games and other events to help pay for their hockey fees.
ARAMARK is the company which runs the concession stands for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and our volunteers must take training provided by ARAMARK prior to the beginning of the baseball season. The number of events we are requested to supply workers for is determined by the Pirate’s season. The better the season, the more workers they need at each game and the more they pay – usually between $85 - $100 per event.
Unfortunately, the MLB season does not run in sync with our season! If you are interested in applying for one of the training slots available now, please read ALL of the rules/regulations/expectations regarding Aramark. Since you must have a player on a Vipers or Stars team during the 2019-2020 season to benefit from this fundraiser, please do not apply unless you are certain that your player will be trying out/playing to play for us (Vipers/Stars) next season.
If you are interested in more information about becoming a 2019-2020 season Aramark Volunteer, please email our new Aramark Volunteer Coordinator, Christine George, at email@example.com, and include:
Christine will contact you will details about the training and program ASAP.
NEW HIRE TRAINING DATES:
Please note... you must be available to be on-time and stay for the entire training! Also, please review all of the Aramark volunteer policies and requirements prior to signing up!)
2/12 @ 5 p.m. (12 spots available)
2/19 @ 5 p.m. (4 spots available)
2/21 @ 5 p.m. (12 spots available)
2/23 @ 2 p.m. (12 spots available)
Spots fill up quickly! Registrations are first-come-first-serve. You must RSVP for your training by 1/22!
ARAMARK concessions is the largest fundraiser for individual members in which NHAHA participates.The primary goal of NHAHA's participation in this program is to help members pay their season hockey fees.
To be considered for the ARAMARK program you must be willing to accept the NHAHA terms that are listed below and the ARAMARK contract. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONTRACT CAREFULLY, NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
NHAHA participates in the ARAMARK fundraiser by sending trained "volunteers" to work concession stands at PNC Park. In return, ARAMARK makes a donation to our organization.
If you are scheduled to work, you must report to PNC Park about 2 hours before the game begins, close and clean the stand after the game is over, and sell drinks and food during the game. There are usually several people working the stand at the same time; so you will not be alone, but it is a long hard work day. It is NOT similar to running the concession stand during a school football game.
ARAMARK prepares for the upcoming season by scheduling training sessions. In order to participate in the fundraiser, you must be trained by ARAMARK. The spring dates for mandatory NEW HIRE Grand Slam / Serve Safe classes have passed.
There may be further training dates later in the season.
To Register for Training:
Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.The ARAMARK Coordinator will contact you and let you know when and if we have any ARAMARK training sessions scheduled. Sometimes we need to wait until spaces open up as ARAMARK only runs training when they wish to increase the number of workers.
Updated May 2017
ARAMARK provides us with the dates they want workers and the number of workers wanted. These opportunities will be provided to you. It is then your responsibility to respond in a timely manner that you wish to work. It is the member’s responciblity to keep track of his scheduled events. A master schedule will be maintained by NHAHA's coordinator(s).
It is the Responsibility of each member to sign in at each event at the ARAMARK office on the NHAHA sign in sheet by their name in order to receive payment for that event worked. If you do not sign in, you will not be paid for that event. When ARAMARK sends us the list of workers who have worked each event that list will be distributed to you. It is your responsibility to review the list and notify the Coordinator within 5 days of any discrepancy. Include details of your work for the event such as, "I worked on register 2 in booth 307. An attempt will be made to negotiate recovery of payment.
TRYOUT FEES, COMMITMENT FEES
Training and work may be offered to our members at PNC Park prior to the tryouts at ARAMARK's schedule. Any money earned prior to tryouts can be applied to commitment fees provided the money is actually earned prior to tryouts. ARAMARK funds cannot be used to pay for tryouts which must be paid by credit card when registering for tryouts. In order to use ARAMARK funds for the Commitment Fee you must submit a Reimbursment Form to the treasurer prior to the first day of tryouts. This paragraph does not apply to ADM participants.
You cannot pay for these with the expectation that you will work for ARAMARK. If you pay your commitment fees and then work in excess of the amount needed to pay the entire fees, you will not receive a refund. (NHAHA is not a bank to put money in and take money out.)
ADM participants must pay the ADM registration fee by credit card. Once the player's season fees are paid in full the participant may request reimbursement of the registration fee by submitting a reimbursement form. We will deduct the amount of the service fee charged by the credit card company. no receipt is necessary.
USE OF ARAMARK FUNDS AFTER TEAM PLACEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
All money earned will be applied to the NHAHA hockey fees until the fees are paid for all siblings rostered on a NHAHA team.
If you have paid your entire NHAHA fees in full you may use additional credit in the following ways after the funds are actually earned:
1. Since NHAHA prides itself on being school hockey friendly, the treasurer would write one check to one school organization for an amount up to the additional credit if so requested on a reimbursement form. This request must be accompanied by a statement from the school team’s treasurer stating the total amount of the fees still owed.
2. Most teams attend one or more tournament(s) not funded by NHAHA but are played as a NHAHA team, if requested, NHAHA would pay the worker's share of the tournament entry fee to the person doing the tournament scheduling for that team. Complete the reimbursement form as mentioned above and include proof of amount needed.
3. Following IRS guidelines, NHAHA will reimburse up to a total of $600 for actual expense of hotel room(s) incurred while attending a tournament(s) as part of a NHAHA team after all NHAHA fees have been paid. A completed Reimbursement Form along with the hotel receipts in the worker's name must be submitted together.
4. Extra money could be rolled over to pay for fees for the following season including fees for a sibling who will be playing for NHAHA the next season.
We will reimburse only those items listed above.
All requests for reimbursements must be made in a timely manner. All requests for reimbursements must be submitted by March 31.
NHAHA will charge a flat fee of $50 from each worker for the administrative work for this fundraiser as soon as that worker is added to our list of workers. These fees will pay administrative costs. The fee is the same no matter how many players a worker has playing for NHAHA. Each worker pays the same fee no matter how many workers are working toward the same player(s) fees as the fee is per worker not per player.
RESPONSIBILITY OF WORKERS FOR NHAHA FEES
Any worker who has paid only a part of the total hockey fees by the end of the ARAMARK program will begin paying the remainder of the fees in October. The member will divide the total amount still due by 4 and make that a minimum payment due in the months of October, November, December, and January with the payments made the first week of each month.
1. Money cannot be given or gifted to any other member of the NHAHA organization.
2. If a member leaves the organization any funds accrued cannot be transferred to any other Amateur Hockey Association.
3. If a member declines team placement and leaves NHAHA, or if a player accepts a team and leaves after acceptance, any funds accrued to that member will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
4. If a member earns funds prior to tryouts and then has no player tryout for any NHAHA team, the funds earned will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
5. If NHAHA is unable to place a player, NHAHA will either send accrued funds to a school team or hold the funds for one season at the choice of the member. A statement of fees owed must be supplied by the school team and a request to reimbursement form must be supplied.
6. If a member leaves NHAHA for any reason, that member is no longer eligible to work any further ARAMARK events for NHAHA.
(A Reimbursement Form must be submitted to be reimbursed for anything other than NHAHA fees. Original or a photocopy of the receipt must be submitted along with the form. If you do not send a Reimbursement Form and receipt(s) together you will not be reimbursed.)
Members are responsible to keep track of their dates worked and the amount in their account. The Aramark Coordinator will also keep track of your account balance and events scheduled to work/worked. If you need to inquire about your account balance please email the Aramark Coordinator. Aramark dollars will be applied to your season invoice as they are received by the organization. Please note, it often takes 30 days or more for Aramark to send a check to the organization for a game worked by our volunteers. It is the member's responsibility to make sure the amount credited is the correct amount.