Volunteer at Winter Pittsburgh Beerfest 2018
at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center on
February 23-24, 2018
Earn $30 towards your player's fees (per volunteer) and enjoy a fun night in the Burgh!
Open to all current NHAHA members. Must be 21 or older to volunteer.
How to Register:
NHAHA will be participating in a Hoagie Sale Fundraiser with TNT Dynamite Pizza & Hoagies in Springdale. This Fundraiser is to help our NHAHA families raise money to pay their hockey tuition, or get reimbursed for other NHAHA approved hockey expenses (like tournament fees).
1) There are 3 types of hoagies available:
All hoagies are assembled on 13-inch Cellone's bread, and include lettuce, tomatoes, and Italian dressing.
2) Individuals will receive $3.00 for every hoagie sold into their NHAHA account.
3) Deadline to turn in hoagie orders is January 24, 2018 (Wednesday).
4) Our official Delivery Date is January 31, 2018 (Wednesday).
The order form and a link to TNT Pizza's website can be found below.
****Payment must be submitted with all orders.****
*** A copy of ALL completed order forms MUST be emailed to email@example.com, as well as a paper copy of the completed TNT PIZZA Hoagie order form along with a single check, made payable to NHAHA, should be placed into the black Vipers mailbox at the Pittsburgh Ice Arena by January 24, 2018.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
David Cagnacci, NHAHA Fundraising Coordinator
Your player earns* up to 40% back (20% on products, 40% on gift cards) on every purchase during your 45-day fundraising campaign.**
Dates for the 2017-2018 season campaign will be announced soon.
After you create your online team and join our campaign, you do not have to handle money, products or delivery. Supporters order online and Schwan's delivers directly to the supporter’s door!
Questions? Email email@example.com
*Dollars raised will be applied first to unpaid NHAHA fees. If all season fees have been paid, dollars raised can be distributed to a player's team manager to pay for tournament fees. **NHAHA will continue to receive 5% back on every purchase for the next 90 days.
All fundraising, by either the entire association or
individual teams, must adhere to the following policies.
ARAMARK fundraising has additional guidelines
which will be distributed at training, and are listed below.
Voluntary Fund Raising
ARAMARK concessions is the largest fundraiser for individual members in which NHAHA participates.The primary goal of NHAHA's participation in this program is to help members pay their season hockey fees.
To be considered for the ARAMARK program you must be willing to accept the NHAHA terms that are listed below and the ARAMARK contract. PLEASE READ THE TERMS & CONTRACT CAREFULLY, NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
NHAHA participates in the ARAMARK fundraiser by sending trained "volunteers" to work concession stands at PNC Park. In return, ARAMARK makes a donation to our organization.
If you are scheduled to work, you must report to PNC Park about 2 hours before the game begins, close and clean the stand after the game is over, and sell drinks and food during the game. There are usually several people working the stand at the same time; so you will not be alone, but it is a long hard work day. It is NOT similar to running the concession stand during a school football game.
ARAMARK prepares for the upcoming season by scheduling training sessions. In order to participate in the fundraiser, you must be trained by ARAMARK. The spring dates for mandatory NEW HIRE Grand Slam / Serve Safe classes have passed.
There may be further training dates later in the season.
To Register for Training:
Email Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ARAMARK Coordinator will contact you and let you know when and if we have any ARAMARK training sessions scheduled. Sometimes we need to wait until spaces open up as ARAMARK only runs training when they wish to increase the number of workers. When you email Carole, let her know the name and team or division of the child you will be participating for.
Updated May 2017
ARAMARK provides us with the dates they want workers and the number of workers wanted. These opportunities will be provided to you. It is then your responsibility to respond in a timely manner that you wish to work. It is the member’s responciblity to keep track of his scheduled events. A master schedule will be maintained by NHAHA's coordinator(s).
It is the Responsibility of each member to sign in at each event at the ARAMARK office on the NHAHA sign in sheet by their name in order to receive payment for that event worked. If you do not sign in, you will not be paid for that event. When ARAMARK sends us the list of workers who have worked each event that list will be distributed to you. It is your responsibility to review the list and notify the Coordinator within 5 days of any discrepancy. Include details of your work for the event such as, "I worked on register 2 in booth 307. An attempt will be made to negotiate recovery of payment.
TRYOUT FEES, COMMITMENT FEES
Training and work may be offered to our members at PNC Park prior to the tryouts at ARAMARK's schedule. Any money earned prior to tryouts can be applied to commitment fees provided the money is actually earned prior to tryouts. ARAMARK funds cannot be used to pay for tryouts which must be paid by credit card when registering for tryouts. In order to use ARAMARK funds for the Commitment Fee you must submit a Reimbursment Form to the treasurer prior to the first day of tryouts. This paragraph does not apply to ADM participants.
You cannot pay for these with the expectation that you will work for ARAMARK. If you pay your commitment fees and then work in excess of the amount needed to pay the entire fees, you will not receive a refund. (NHAHA is not a bank to put money in and take money out.)
ADM participants must pay the ADM registration fee by credit card. Once the player's season fees are paid in full the participant may request reimbursement of the registration fee by submitting a reimbursement form. We will deduct the amount of the service fee charged by the credit card company. no receipt is necessary.
USE OF ARAMARK FUNDS AFTER TEAM PLACEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE
All money earned will be applied to the NHAHA hockey fees until the fees are paid for all siblings rostered on a NHAHA team.
If you have paid your entire NHAHA fees in full you may use additional credit in the following ways after the funds are actually earned:
1. Since NHAHA prides itself on being school hockey friendly, the treasurer would write one check to one school organization for an amount up to the additional credit if so requested on a reimbursement form. This request must be accompanied by a statement from the school team’s treasurer stating the total amount of the fees still owed.
2. Most teams attend one or more tournament(s) not funded by NHAHA but are played as a NHAHA team, if requested, NHAHA would pay the worker's share of the tournament entry fee to the person doing the tournament scheduling for that team. Complete the reimbursement form as mentioned above and include proof of amount needed.
3. Following IRS guidelines, NHAHA will reimburse up to a total of $600 for actual expense of hotel room(s) incurred while attending a tournament(s) as part of a NHAHA team after all NHAHA fees have been paid. A completed Reimbursement Form along with the hotel receipts in the worker's name must be submitted together.
4. Extra money could be rolled over to pay for fees for the following season including fees for a sibling who will be playing for NHAHA the next season.
We will reimburse only those items listed above.
All requests for reimbursements must be made in a timely manner. All requests for reimbursements must be submitted by March 31.
NHAHA will charge a flat fee of $50 from each worker for the administrative work for this fundraiser as soon as that worker is added to our list of workers. These fees will pay administrative costs. The fee is the same no matter how many players a worker has playing for NHAHA. Each worker pays the same fee no matter how many workers are working toward the same player(s) fees as the fee is per worker not per player.
RESPONSIBILITY OF WORKERS FOR NHAHA FEES
Any worker who has paid only a part of the total hockey fees by the end of the ARAMARK program will begin paying the remainder of the fees in October. The member will divide the total amount still due by 4 and make that a minimum payment due in the months of October, November, December, and January with the payments made the first week of each month.
1. Money cannot be given or gifted to any other member of the NHAHA organization.
2. If a member leaves the organization any funds accrued cannot be transferred to any other Amateur Hockey Association.
3. If a member declines team placement and leaves NHAHA, or if a player accepts a team and leaves after acceptance, any funds accrued to that member will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
4. If a member earns funds prior to tryouts and then has no player tryout for any NHAHA team, the funds earned will be held for one year for that member. NHAHA will not transfer funds to a school team. If the member returns the following season those funds may be used as any funds that have been rolled over. If the member fails to return to NHAHA the following season the funds will remain with NHAHA.
5. If NHAHA is unable to place a player, NHAHA will either send accrued funds to a school team or hold the funds for one season at the choice of the member. A statement of fees owed must be supplied by the school team and a request to reimbursement form must be supplied.
6. If a member leaves NHAHA for any reason, that member is no longer eligible to work any further ARAMARK events for NHAHA.
(A Reimbursement Form must be submitted to be reimbursed for anything other than NHAHA fees. Original or a photocopy of the receipt must be submitted along with the form. If you do not send a Reimbursement Form and receipt(s) together you will not be reimbursed.)
Members are responsible to keep track of their dates worked and the amount in their account. Rick and Carole will also keep track of your account balance and events scheduled to work/worked. If you need to inquire about your account balance please notify Rick or Carole by email. After the managers start to receive Team Payment Sheets your total amounts paid by ARAMARK will be indicated in that column on the payment sheets sent to managers. It is the member's responsibility to make sure the amount credited is the correct amount. Any inquires about the account can be made by email to Rick or Carole. Please keep good records of your account.